1 Our Privacy Principles
We take privacy seriously. Here are our 6 privacy promises to you:
- We will respond to any questions on processing of your Personal Data without undue delay.
- We will ensure that your Personal Data is used in line with applicable data protection laws.
- We will be transparent with you about how we use your Personal Data. This includes informing you about what information we collect, what we do with it, with whom we share it and whom you should contact if you have any concerns.
- We will provide you simple options to say ‘STOP’ when you are no longer happy with our marketing communications.
- We will protect online and offline data in a similar manner.
- We will take reasonable steps to make sure no unauthorized person accesses your Personal Data.
What happens if our customer is a child?
Our Services and Sites are intended for adults, but there could be instances where some customers under the age of 18 decide to view or purchase Services on our Sites. Our rule is that if we know a customer is under the age of 18, we will not use such customer’s Personal Data for marketing purposes unless parental consent is provided to us in writing. We will not sell any Services to customers under the age of 18.
To provide parental consent, please write to the Altium contact details as listed in Section 2.1. Note however that access to certain parts of our Sites and/or Services may be limited to users over a certain age. We may use your Personal Data to carry out age verification checks and enforce any such age restrictions.
For which purposes do we process your Personal Data?
We collect your Personal Data directly when you provide us with Personal Data when you visit our Sites, purchase Services, subscribe to our newsletter, receive information or mailings, use our applications, complete a survey, and/or make a comment or inquiry or contact our customer services. We may also receive Personal Data about you from other sources, including information from commercially available sources, such as public databases and data aggregators, and information from third parties.
In more detail, we process the following categories of Personal Data for the following purposes:
Surfing on our Sites – with or without Cookies
Which Personal Data do we collect about you?
For this purpose (Surfing on our website) we process the following Personal Data: Information about the type of browser you use, details of the web pages you have viewed, your IP and device address, your Cookie ID, hyperlinks that you have clicked, your user name, profile picture, gender, networks, the websites you visited before arriving at our relevant Sites and information collected by cookies or similar tracking devices and any other information you choose to share when using Third Party Sites, e.g. when visiting our sites on social media networks, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or our YouTube channel). Our Sites involve simple links to social media networks; depending on the technology used by the social media it may be the case that we will transmit Personal Data to the provider of the relevant social media network when you click on such link.
What is the purpose of processing your Personal Data?